Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ride to Tirumala

On 22nd night I learnt that I have to reach tirumala by 9 am next morning for an important work which would decide my future... DAMN. Worse this was going to be my first ever ride to tirupati. So idea of taking bus was floating in my mind, but I trusted my raging bull who is ever ready and 3000 kms old now, So I simply decided to ride and come back on the same day.I started from my place around 5 am. Plan was to drive on NH4 and take really less stops. So I planned my first stop at CCD@kolar for coffee. The problem I face with coffee breaks@CCD is that I always spend more than required time simple 'coz its so relaxing. Road was great and to my luck traffic was less. Raging Bull was doing 100+ all the time given it was due for second service. So in no time I reached chittoor and still it was 7.45 am. So I decided to take a extended butt break and started for tirumala. and weather only became better with every km. the ghat section was free from traffic and was cloudy.
I reached hilltop at 9.10. My personal record, I did 292 kms in 4 hrs 10 mins. Spend some time, got the job done and left that place for bangalore at 1.20 pm.
reached Bangalore while it was raining around 7.10. but thanks to my Cramster riding gear I wasn't wet and cold.
Over all did 602 in 14 hrs out of which i rode for 9 hrs. Proud of my bike which brought me home safely in tough conditions. Owe it to the quality of roads also and less traffic which allowed me to do high speeds for long stretches. the rest of the picture are here


Distance: From JP nagar to Tiruamal it was around 292 kms.

Road condition: In general the road condition is good is excellent but watch for few potholes 'coz they come all of the sudden on such a good road

Route - Bangalore - Kolar - Chittoor - Chandragiri- Tirumala

No comments: